You need to properly care for your bamboo bedding so that they will last for years to come. Therefore, let us explore the best tips on washing bamboo sheets.
Top Tips for Washing Bamboo Sheets
- Wash with warm water before first use. This allows for initial shrinkage and gets rid of lint from the manufacturing process.
- Use cold water for all subsequent washes. You want less than 86 degrees Fahrenheit (30 degrees Celsius) because hot water damages the fibers in the sheets.
- Wash separately from other types of laundry. You want to prevent snags from hard objects like zippers, lint from towels, and discoloration from dyed clothes.
- Do not use laundry balls or dryer balls. These can snag the bamboo sheets and damage them.
- Damaged fibers can result in pilling. Pills on bedding are unsightly and uncomfortable.
- Do not use fabric softener. Bamboo bed sheets may feel stiff immediately after a wash. However, they return to being exceptionally soft after they dry completely.
- Do not use dryer sheets. Dryer sheets can leave a residual film on your bed linen.
- Do not use bleach, especially chlorine bleach. Use oxygen bleach if you must. Chlorine bleach is too harsh and so it will damage the sheets.
- You can use a mixture of one part vinegar and four parts water to help remove stains.
- For bloodstains, get the person who bled on the bamboo rayon sheets to spit on the stain. Leave the spit to rest for several minutes before washing. The earlier this is done, the more likely you will succeed at removing the blood stain.
- For facial lotions and body oil stains, apply a dime-sized amount of Dawn dishwashing liquid directly onto the stain. Let it rest for ten minutes before washing.
- Do not overload the spin dryer. Bamboo bedding needs enough space to tumble dry. Insufficient space can result in excessively wrinkled sheets.
- Before you dry bamboo bed sheets, shake them out first. This helps them dry quicker and lessens wrinkles.
- Set the dryer on low heat when you are drying bamboo sheets. High heat will increase abrasion and may cause the sheets to tear.
- After drying bamboo rayon sheets, do not leave them in the clothes dryer. Bamboo bed linen retains the shape it is in after it cools. Therefore, leaving it in the spin dryer for too long will result in excessive wrinkles.
- Do not store your bamboo sheet sets in plastic bags, cardboard, or plastic containers. Plastic can lead to yellowing of the sheets and cardboard causes acids to seep into the sheets. Therefore, keep them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Which Detergents Can You Use to Wash Bamboo Bed Sheets?
When you are washing bamboo sheets, you need to use mild detergents. Harsh detergents can damage the sheets. We recommend the following:
- Mrs. Meyers
- Seventh Generation
- Kirkland Ultra Clean
- baby shampoo
Proper Care While Washing Bamboo Sheets Will Preserve Their Longevity
The soft material of your rayon from bamboo sheets will last for many years if you care for them properly. We hope that these care tips have been useful to you, and we wish you and your family peaceful slumber all night long.